- (1)“Personal Information” means information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information, and other information specified in the APPI.
- (2)“Personal Data” means personal information contained in a Personal Information Database.
- (3)“Personal Information Database” means an assembly of information including Personal Information which is systematically arranged in such a way that specific Personal Information can be retrieved, and which meets the criteria specified in the APPI.
- (4) “Retained Personal Data” means any Personal Data over which Nippon Shinyaku has the authority to disclose, to correct, to add or delete content, to discontinue use, to erase, and to discontinue provision to a third party and which meets the criteria specified in the APPI.
1. Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
- (1)Nippon Shinyaku will notify or publicly announce the specific purpose of use of Personal Information when acquiring Personal Information. Nippon Shinyaku will not acquire Personal Information by illegitimate means.
- (2)Nippon Shinyaku will use Personal Information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. If it becomes necessary to use Personal Information for a purpose other than the notified or publicly announced purpose, Nippon Shinyaku will obtain the subject’s prior consent in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Provision of Personal Data to a Third Party
Nippon Shinyaku will not provide Personal Data to any third party without the subject’s consent, except:
- (1) in anonymized form where the subject is not identifiable;
- (2) to a subcontractor to the extent necessary for the purpose of use;
- (3) to a joint user which Nippon Shinyaku has notified to the subject or publicly announced in advance, to the extent necessary for the purpose of use; or
- (4) as required or permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
3. Control of Personal Information
Nippon Shinyaku will take necessary and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, and divulgence. Nippon Shinyaku is committed to maintaining the Personal Information it retains as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
4. Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuance of Use, Deletion, etc. of Retained Personal Data
When a data subject requests that Nippon Shinyaku disclose, correct, discontinue use of, or delete Retained Personal Data, Nippon Shinyaku will promptly respond to such request according to the prescribed procedures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, after confirming the identity of the requester.
5. Continuous Review of Security Control Systems
6. Complaints and Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
Please direct any questions, complaints and inquiries about Personal Information to:
Personal Information Helpdesk, Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd.
14, Nishinosho-monguchi-cho, Kisshoin, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8550, Japan
Operating hours: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (JST)
(Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays, New Year holidays, and other holidays designated by Nippon Shinyaku)
Questions, complaints, and inquiries about Personal Information can also be made through our contact form.
Please select "Inquiries about Personal Information" as the category of inquiry and enter the details.
7. Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
Nippon Shinyaku is a member of the Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (“JPMA”), an officially authorized personal information protection organization. JPMA accepts complaints and inquiries regarding the handling of personal information by its member companies.
Personal Information Protection Center, Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
MFPR Nihonbashi Honcho building, 3-7-2, Nihonbashi-Honcho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0023
Operating hours: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (JST)
(Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese national holidays, New Year holidays, and other designated holidays)